Servings: 8 | Preparation Time: 20min | Cooking Time: 1hr 10min
400g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp plain flour
1 lemon, finely grated rind only
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vin Santo-Soaked Fruit:
400g mixed dried fruit, such as blood plums, cherries, cranberries and apricots
375ml Tacinaia Vin Santo del Chianti DOC
110g (½ cup) white sugar
200g Cabrioni "Primi Amori" Biscuits
50g Chiostro "Chef d'Italia" Amaretti
2 tbsp caster sugar
90g butter, melted
1. For Vin Santo-soaked fruit, place dried fruit in a heatproof bowl. Combine wine and sugar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, then pour over fruit and stand until plump (6hrs-overnight).
2. Place 250ml soaking liquid into a small saucepan and cook over high heat until syrupy (10-12 minutes). Set aside. Drain reserved fruit (discard liquid) and set aside.
3. For amaretti crust, preheat oven to 170C. Process biscuits and sugar in a food processor until finely ground, add butter and process until combined.
4. Divide among eight 10cm-diameter buttered and baking paper-lined springform pans. Press evenly into base, then bake until crisp (10-15 minutes). Remove from oven, set aside. Reduce heat to 125C.
5. Meanwhile, process ricotta and sugar in a food processor until smooth. With motor running, add eggs, yolks, flour, rind and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Divide among moulds, filling to 1cm below tops (there may be mixture left over).
6. Bake until set (35-40 minutes). Cool completely and refrigerate before turning out. Serve with Vin Santo-soaked fruit and syrup.
Source: Gourmet Traveller