Servings: 8 | Cooking Time: 15mins | Freezing Time: 6hrs | Difficulty: Easy
2 tbsp Caffe Parana Ground Coffee
1 tsp coffee extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
500ml heavy cream
500ml sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup Leone Gianduja Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
2 tbsp Quartieri Hazelnut Dragees
1. Line a loaf pan (9-by-5-inch works best) with plastic wrap, letting the edges hang over and allowing enough extra plastic to wrap the semifreddo.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground coffee, vanilla and coffee extract as well as the heavy cream.
3. Use an electric mixer to whip until medium to firm peaks form. Use a spatula to gently fold in the condensed milk. Transfer half of the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and freeze until just beginning to set, about 20 minutes.
3. Microwave 2/3 cup of the gianduia spread in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 to 25 seconds, just to loosen it slightly. Spoon it lengthwise down the center of the pan, from end to end.
4. Transfer the remaining cream mixture to the loaf pan on top of the gianduia. Use a butter knife to make swirls going through the mixture. (This will move the gianduia throughout the mixture.) Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 6 hours.
5. Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat the remaining 1/3 cup gianduia spread. Unwrap the plastic, invert onto a serving plate and remove the plastic entirely. Drizzle with the hot gianduia and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnut dragees. Slice and serve immediately.
Source: Food Network