Serves: 6 | Cooking Time: 10 min | Preparation: 4 hours | Easy
1 tablespoon Labbate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
100g pancetta, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup Losi Rosso del Cavalier Tranquillo IGT
1 cup chicken style liquid stock
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/4 cup passata
500g Pastificio Venturino Fettuccine
1/2 cup pecorino, grated
300g green beans, steamed
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat olive oil in a large fry-pan over a medium-high heat.
3. To seal the chicken, cook in fry-pan until skin browns. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker.
4. In the same fry-pan sauté red onion, celery, carrot, and pancetta. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
5. Add wine to the sautéed vegetables and bring to the boil.
6. Once boiled, transfer the mixture to slow cooker.
7. Add chicken stock, rosemary and tomato paste to slow cooker. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
8. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
9. Shred chicken fillets and cook for a further 30 minutes.
10. Remove lid and cook for another 15 minutes.
11. Turn off slow cooker. Remove and discard rosemary springs.
12. Cook pasta until shy or al dente, and drain water.
13. Add pasta to chicken fillets. Toss to combine.
14. Serve sprinkled with Pecorino cheese and parsley, and a side of green beans.
Suggested wine: Losi Rosso del Cavalier Tranquillo IGT