Serves: 6 | Cooking Time: 20 mins | Freezing Time: 7 hrs | Advanced Cooks
1 ½ cups (105g) shredded coconut
½ cup pure cream
150g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
3 egg yolks
½ cup caster sugar
1 cup chopped Quartieri Almond Nougat Wedge
300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly oil six 150ml dariole moulds and line with plastic wrap.
2. Spread 1 cup coconut on a baking tray and bake for 4-5 minutes, stirring once, until toasted and golden. Combine toasted and untoasted coconut in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat the pure cream in a saucepan over medium heat until just below boiling point. Add the chocolate, then remove from heat. Let the mixture stand until chocolate has melted, then stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. Whisk yolks and sugar with electric beaters until thick and pale. Use a spoon to fold in the chocolate mixture, nougat and 3 tablespoons coconut, then fold in whipped cream.
4. Pack well into moulds, then cover with any overhanging plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Store remaining coconut in an airtight container until ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, roll tartufos in the reserved coconut. Serve immediately, in paper cases if desired.
Serve with CarlindePaolo Moscato D'Asti DOCG