Servings: 6 | Setting Time: 1hr | Difficulty: Easy
300ml double cream
300ml pouring cream
½ cup caster sugar
Rind of 1 lemon, removed with a peeler
60 ml (¼ cup) grappa
2½ leaves of gelatine (titanium strength), softened in cold water
1. Heat creams, caster sugar, lemon rind and half the grappa and stir over low heat until combined (4-5 minutes).
2. Increase heat to medium and cook gently until mixture comes to the boil (4-5 minutes).
3. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add to cream mixture and stir to dissolve. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
5. Strain the mixture, add remaining grappa, stir and pour into six ½-cup-capacity moulds rinsed with water. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
6. To serve, briefly dip panna cotta moulds into boiling water and invert onto serving plates.
Source: Gourmet Traveller