Servings: 8 | Cooking Time: 20mins + Cooling Time | Difficulty: Easy
1x Bedetti Panettone Classico Hand Wrapped 1kg
250g mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream
100g Quartieri Tartufate Almond Bag
50g D.Barbero Premiata Hazelnut Hand Wrapped
1. Cut the rounded dome top off the panettone in one clean horizontal slice about 1-1/4 inches in thickness, and set aside.
2. Using a bread knife held vertically, cut out the center of the panettone leaving a 1-inch border around sides and a 1½ inches on the bottom, without perforating the bottom or sides of the bread.
3. Hollow out the bread crumb from the centre of the panettone then tear it into pieces and place in a bowl.
4. Whisk together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl just until blended. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture.
5. Add the panettone pieces, chocolate Tartufate and Torrone to mascarpone mixture.
6. Fill the hollow of the panettone with mascarpone mixture, pressing down slightly. Replace the bread dome top on the panettone and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
7. Before serving, dust the top of the panettone with powdered sugar and decorate with chocolate shavings.
8. Serve cut into wedges using a serrated knife, taking care to cut through the paper wrapped base cleanly so each slice has a decorative border.