Servings: 4 | Cooking Time: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy
350g Venturino Penne Zite
1 tbsp Bova Costolata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
pinch red pepper flakes
500g beef mince
1 jar Pastificio Venturino Organic Basilico (Basil) Sauce
1 ½ cups fresh ricotta
2 tbsp. thinly sliced basil, plus more for serving
½ cup grated Parmesan
2 cups shredded Mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente and drain.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often until the onion is soft. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook until it is no longer pink and then drain any excess fat.
4. Pour into the pan the jar of sauce and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring the sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and cooked for 15-20 minutes so that the flavours combine.
6. In a large bowl, combine sauce and pasta. Fold in ricotta, leaving large clumps. Spread about half of the pasta mixture into the bottom of a large casserole dish.
7. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and Parmesan over the pasta. Top with the rest of the pasta mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
8. Cover with foil and bake until cheese is bubbling, about 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with more basil before serving.