Servings: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 30min | Difficulty: Easy
1 tbsp sea salt flakes
1 tbsp chopped sage leaves
500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
170g (1 cup) La Grande Ruota Traditional Instant Polenta
80g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
½ cup rosemary leaves, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper, to season
Labbate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
1. To make the sage salt, place the salt and sage in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
2. Place the stock in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta, whisking continuously for 2–3 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir through the parmesan, butter, rosemary and salt and pepper. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Add the ricotta and fold through to combine.
4. Spoon and press the polenta into a lightly greased 20cm-square cake tin and refrigerate until set. Remove from the tin and slice into thick chips.
5. Heat 1cm of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the polenta chips, in batches, and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
6. Serve with the sage salt. Serves 4–6.
Source: Donna Hay