Servings: 4 | Cooking Time: 30min | Difficulty: Easy
1. Slice the panetta into thin matchsticks.
2. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the pancetta slowly for around 8 minutes, until the fat is rendered and the pancetta crisp.
3. While the pancetta is cooking, bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a good punch of salt.
4. Boil the pasta according to the packet instructions, and just as it is cooked to your liking, take an espresso cup and scoop out a cup of the pasta water.
5. Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pot. Add the pancetta and all the rendered oil, the pecorino and the reserved pasta water.
6. Stir gently until the oil, cheese and water combine to create a creamy sauce that coats the pasta. Grind through a little pepper and serve immediately.
Source: Good Food