Serves: 6 | Preparation: 25 mins | Cooking Time: 6 hrs | Easy
2 tablespoons Crudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 cup Borga Merlot IGT
2 x jars Pastificio Venturino Organic Basilico Sauce
1 cup beef stock
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 sprigs fresh thyme
Cooked Pastificio Venturino Fettucine, to serve
Grated parmesan, to serve
Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, to serve
Salt, to season
1. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook beef, in two batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5L slow cooker.
2. Place remaining oil in pan and add onion, celery and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
3. Add wine, sauce, stock, paste and thyme to pan. Bring to the boil and carefully pour over beef. Stir to combine and cover with lid.
4. Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 4 hours) or until beef is very tender. Stir with a wooden spoon to roughly shred beef. Toss ragu through fettuccine cooked according to packet instructions.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with parmesan and parsley.