Enjoy after dinner with a glass of Tacinaia Vin Santo.
Makes: 24 | Preparation & Cooking Time: 1 - 2 hours | Medium
2 14cm × 20cm ready-made sponge cakes
1 tbsp Caffè Paranà Coffee Ground
60ml (¼ cup) boiling water
2 tbsp coffee liqueur
100g dark chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp shaved Oliviero Hand Wrapped Chocolate
1 large egg
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
150g mascarpone cheese
60ml (¼ cup) cream, whipped to soft peaks
50g D.Barbero Torroncini Almond Bag
1. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm × 30cm baking tin with baking paper. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut each cake horizontally into three 8mm layers. Combine the coffee, boiling water and liqueur in a small bowl. Set aside to cool. Brush each of the layers with the coffee mixture.
3. To make the filling, beat the egg, sugar and vanilla in a bowl using electric beaters until pale and creamy. Fold in the mascarpone, cream and Torroncini.
4. Place one layer of sponge in the prepared tin and spread with one-third of the filling. Repeat with the remaining sponge and filling. Place in the freezer for 40 to 50 minutes, or until firm. Use a 4cm heart-shaped cutter to cut out 24 hearts.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
6. Pour onto the prepared tray. Spread to a thickness of 2mm with a spatula. Allow to set before cutting out 24 heart shapes with the cutter.
7. Transfer the chocolate hearts to a wire rack and shave chocolate over half. Refrigerate until needed.
- Source: Good Food