- The Guardian
Serves: 4-6 | Cooking Time: 30 min | Medium
450g Pumpkin, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon Terre Rosse DOP/ OrganicExtra Virgin Olive Oil
25g Parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
3 Chiostro soft amaretti , crushed
salt and black pepper
For the pasta dough
180g plain flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Terre Rosse DOP/Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 egg yolks
For the butter
75g unsalted butter
20 small sage leaves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Parmesan, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, blend all the pasta dough ingredients until they come together into a ball.
2. Tip the dough out and knead for 5 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
3. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and rest it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Mix the pumpkin with oil, salt and pepper and roast for 20-30 minutes until tender. Set aside and leave to cool.
5. When cool enough, in a bowl, mash the pumpkin with the Parmesan, spices, and crushed amaretti biscuits. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cut the pasta dough into thirds. Work with one piece at a time, leaving the rest wrapped and in the fridge.
7. Roll out thinly. Lightly dust the dough with flour between each roll.
8. Place the pasta sheet on a lightly floured surface.
9. Put 1 teaspoon of the filling at 8 cm intervals along the bottom half of the sheet.
10. Brush a little water around each pile of pumpkin filling.
11. Fold over the top half of the dough. Work from one end, pressing firmly around each dollop of filling with your fingers to remove air bubbles and seal it inside.
12. Trim the edges, then cut between the rows with a fluted pasta wheel, or a sharp knife.
13. Line a baking tray with parchment and dust it with flour. Lay the ravioli on top making sure they don’t touch.
14. Put the tray in the fridge. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
15. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
16. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan until foaming, throw in the sage and fry for about 10 seconds.
17. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
18. Cook the ravioli all at once in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
19. Pour the warm sage butter over the ravioli.
20. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Suggested wine: Colutta Chardonnay DOC