In Italy the definition of a 'semifreddo' is a light semi-frozen Italian dessert. It has the texture of frozen mousse because it is usually produced by uniting two equal parts of ice cream and whipped cream. A delicious dessert by Roberto Taffuri Head Chef at Ventuno Restaurant.
2 Egg Whites
120g Caster Sugar
100g Oliviero Hard Almond Torrone
250ml Pure Cream
1. Using the bain-marie (water bath) technique, whip 2 eggs whites with caster sugar for 10 minutes with an electric beater.
2. Add mandarin zest and juice to mixture.
3. Finely chop the Oliviero Hard Almond Torrone and add it into the mixture with the pure cream.
4. Fold all ingredients together. And put into a round mould.
5. Put into the freezer for 5-6 hours.
6. Once the semifreddo has set, cut into slices and serve with wedges of mandarins and melted chocolate.
Click here for printable version