Vincotto (translated as "cooked wine"), it is a dark, sweet dense condiment produced artisanally in the Puglia and Marche regions of Italy. It can be used in desserts such as fruits or ice cream.
1 tablespoon sugar
To make Zabaglione:
1. Add approx. 2cm of water to a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove saucepan from stove and rest a metal bowl on top.
3. Place the eggs, sugar and espresso in the metal bowl.
4. Stir mixture energetically until combined and a soft a fluffy consistency.
Tip: When you can draw the number 8, 8 times with the mixture on the whisk, then the Zabaglione is ready.
To plate Dish:
1. Drizzle saba/vinocotto on plate.
2. Finely chop the Hard Almond Nougat and sprinkle over Saba/Vinocotto on plate.
3. Make a quenelle with the Vanilla Ice Cream and place on top of the Hard Almond Nougat.
4. Place a tablespoon of Zabaglione on top of the Vanilla Ice Cream.
5. Garnish the plate with an Amari Cantucci biscuit or two and a couple of mint leaves.
6. Drizzle Saba/Vinocotto over plated dessert.
Click here for printable version