Paccheri is a kind of pasta in the shape of very large tubes, originating from Campania and Calabria. It is common for the pasta to be stuffed with delicious ingredients such as Italian sausages and various cheeses.
Serves 4 | Easy
500g (1 Packet) of Pastificio Venturino Paccheri
200g desiree potatoes
100g buffalo mozzarella
salt & pepper, to taste
1 garlic clove
300g mixed mushrooms
Labbate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan)
fresh basil leaves
Labbate Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Pre cook pasta for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta water in a colander and set pasta aside to cool.
To make potato filling:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cook potatoes until soft.
3. Drain water from saucepan and set potatoes aside to cool.
4. Once potatoes are cool remove the skin.
5. Place potatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella in a saucepan and mash until combined.
6. Season mashed potato mixture with salt and pepper, as desired.
7. Fill a piping bag with the potato mixture.
8. Pipe the mixture into the pasta.
9. Place piped pasta in a baking dish.
10. Drizzle pasta with Labbate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
11. Grate Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan) over pasta.
12. Place baking dish in 180 degree oven for 8 minutes.
To make mushroom sauce:
1. Drizzle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a hot pan.
2. Stir fry minced/crushed garlic until brown.
3. Add mixed mushrooms and stir until cooked.
4. Separate mushroom mixture in half, place one half in blender and blend until smooth consistency.
5. Combine blended mushroom mixture with non blended mushroom mixture.
To prepare dehydrated Pomodorini:
1. Place La Russolillo Pomodorini in a separate pan with Labbate Organic Extra Virgin Olive
Oil and salt.
2. Cook until dehydrated.
To plate dish:
1. Place the pasta on the plate as desired.
2. Top with mushroom sauce.
3. Garnish the plate with dehydrated tomatoes, basil and Parmigano Reggiano (Parmesan).
4. To complete drizzle the dish with Labbate Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Click here for printable version