18 slices of Amari Panettone (6cm squares,1cm thick)
3 Tbs. caster sugar
250gr Italian mascarpone
½ cup mixed berries
30gr dark chocolate (min.65% cocoa), shaved
20gr icing sugar
1. Separate the egg white from the yolks in two different large bowls.
2. Beat the egg white with an electric whisk to a hard peak consistency.
3. Add sugar to the yolks and beat until smooth.
4. Add the mascarpone cheese to the yolk and sugar and stir trough, then add the brandy and keep stirring.
5. Now gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture a little at a time.
6. On a low heat place the panettone slices in a large non-stick pan, a couple minutes on each side, just to get a little colour on them.
7. To serve, lay down a slice of panettone and cover it with the mascarpone cream then add a few mixed berries and repeat this 2 more times to create 3 layers of panettone, just like assembling a lasagne. Repeat this step 3 more times.
8. Serve with dark chocolate shavings on top and a dusting of icing sugar, dollop the remaining cream on the side with some mixed berries.
Choose an Italian mascarpone cheese, it will have a better taste and texture.
Click here for printable version