Warm Orecchiette Pasta Salad with cherry tomatoes, grated salted ricotta, celery and rocket leaves By Luca Ciano
Orecchiette is a kind of home-made pasta typical of Puglia or Apulia, a region of southern Italy. Its name comes from its shape, which resembles a small ear.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 15min | Cooking Time: 15min | Easy
500gr Pastificio Venturino Orecchiette Pasta
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
¼ bunch fresh basil leaves, washed
2 punnets cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
2 handfuls of rocket leaves, washed
100gr pecorino cheese or salted ricotta, grated
½ cup Labbate D.O.P extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water (approx 1L per 100g of pasta), and bring to the boil.
2. Once the water is boiling add rock salt (approx 7gr per 1L of water).
3. Drop the Orecchiette in the water and stir.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl add extra virgin olive oil, spring onion, basil, cherry tomatoes, celery
and season with salt and pepper.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and add to the bowl with the spring onion and cherry
6. Add the rocket leaves and half of the pecorino cheese, stir well to incorporate all ingredients.
7. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pecorino cheese on top.
Click here for printable version