Serves: 6 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 45 minutes
200gr fresh ricotta
3 puff pastry sheets
50gr Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
200ml fresh cream
¼ cup flat parsley, chopped
50gr Italian pancetta, 1cm diced (optional)
1 bunch of asparagus, thinly cut and tips kept separate
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 Tablespoons Mussini Balsamico Tradizionale DOP 12 Year/Anni
2 Tablespoons Labbate Organic extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven at 160°C, fan forced.
2. Grease a large round baking tray (26-28cm diameter) and insert the puff pastry.
3. Fry the Italian pancetta in a little olive oil in a non-stick pan until golden, then add chopped asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, remove from the pan and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix the eggs with milk and cream, add the parmigiano reggiano cheese, parsley, season with salt and pepper then set aside.
5. Crumble the ricotta cheese with your hands and spread evenly onto the puff pastry, next evenly distribute the pancetta, asparagus and ham over the ricotta.
6. Pour the egg mix on top to cover, and finally place the asparagus tips and the cherry tomato on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack.
8. Serve with a side salad and dress with Balsamic Vinegar.
Chef Note: Turn the baking tray around a few times during the baking process to ensure even cooking. A balsamic vinegar reduction can be used if you can’t find the aged/mature product.
Click here for printable version