Recipe: Gourmet Traveller
Serves 4 | Easy
500 gm wholemeal casarecce (Pastifico Venturno Wholemeal Casarecce)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 kg zucchini, sliced into 1cm-thick rounds
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
250 gm ricotta, crumbled
½ cup coarsely chopped mint
¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tbs plemon juice
75 gm (½ cup) pinenuts, roasted
50 gm finely grated parmesan plus extra, to serve
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan
3. Cook zucchini, in batches over medium high heat, turning once, until just beginning to brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
4. Add ¼ cup olive oil to pan, then add garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute or until garlic begins to turn golden.
5. Add drained pasta and combine well, then add zucchini and remaining ingredients to pan, season to taste and combine well.
6. Serve immediately, drizzled with a little extra-virgin olive oil and scattered with extra parmesan.