Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 1h | Super Easy
400g Pastificio Venturino Rigatoni
1.5kg vine tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
3 bay leaves
5 thyme sprigs
splash of red wine vinegar
80g ricotta salata
small bunch of basil, leaves picked
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. On a large baking tray, place tomatoes, garlic cloves, thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer tray to oven and roast for 25 minutes, until the tomato skins are burnished and split.
4. Let the tomatoes cool for a minute or two, then pull them off the vines and place in a frying pan with the red wine vinegar and a pinch more salt and pepper.
5. Squash with a spoon and simmer for 15 minutes, until you have a thick, strawberry-red sauce with an almost creamy consistency.
6. Cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain, then add pasta to the sauce.
8. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with grated ricotta and a scattering of basil leaves.