- Jamie Oliver
A mixture between crispy and creamy. This fantastic dish is a proper wholesome meal in just minutes.
Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 15 min | Easy
For the sauce
25 g dried porcini mushrooms
4 anchovy fillets , optional
1 dried red chilli
2 cloves of garlic
8 black olives (stone in)
½ a bunch of fresh basil
For the fritters
1 large free-range egg
400 g ricotta cheese
1 whole nutmeg, for grating
40 g Parmesan cheese
1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
For the salad
400 g firm green or yellow baby courgettes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 fresh red chilli
½ a bunch of fresh mint
1. Put the porcini into a mug and cover with boiling water
2. Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, add the ricotta.
3. Finely grate in 1/4 of the nutmeg, the lemon zest and Parmesan.
4. Add the flour then beat together.
5. Put in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the frying pan, then use a tablespoon to spoon in 8 large dollops of the mixture. Turing carefully when nice and golden.
6. Put the anchovies (if using) and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the casserole pan, crumble in the dried chilli, and squash in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher .
7. Finely chop and add the porcini with half their soaking water and the passata, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
8. Squash and add the olives, discarding the stones.
9. Pick and reserve a few basil leaves, then chop the rest and add to the sauce.
10. Grate the courgettes in the processor (you could use a box grater here) and tip into a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, the juice of the zested lemon and the extra virgin olive oil.
11. Finely chop and add the chilli and the top leafy half of the mint, then toss together.
12. Place the fritters on top of the sauce, then scatter over the reserved basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic and serve with lemon wedges.