- SBS Food
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cooking Time: 35 min | Easy
long red chilli
250 g cherry tomatoes
160 ml (⅔ cup) olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
sea salt and black pepper, to season
1 garlic clove
handful of fresh herbs, such as thyme and oregano, plus extra, to serve
1.25 litres water
500 ml (2 cups) unsweetened almond milk
2 cups polenta
1. To make the chilli oil, thinly slice the chilli. Place in a small jar with the olive oil and a pinch of salt, and set aside to infuse until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 250ºC. To make the rustic veggies, scrub the carrots and rinse the tomatoes. Place in a roasting tray, drizzle with extra olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and tender.
3. Meanwhile, to make the creamy polenta, chop the garlic and herbs.
4. Place in a saucepan with the water and almond milk. Season with salt, then bring to the boil. Add the polenta and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring well every 3-4 minutes to prevent the polenta sticking to the saucepan, for 35-45 minutes or until the polenta is soft.
6. Serve the creamy polenta with the roasted veggies and a drizzle of chilli oil. Make it look nice, topping it with extra herbs.