An adaption BBC Good Food
This traditional Italian ice-cream bar is the perfect solution for an effortless frozen, creamy dessert.
Serves: 10 | Prep Time: 25 min | Cooking Time: 5 min | Easy
Butter, for the tin
75g golden caste sugar
4 medium eggs
250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
450ml double cream
140g hard nougat or torrone, chopped into 1/2cm chunks
50g hazelnut , roughly chopped
1. Butter and line a 900g loaf tin with cling wrap.
2. Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer.
3. Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then place over the simmering water and whisk until pale, thick and doubled in volume.
4. Remove from the heat, plunge the bottom of the bowl into cold water and continue whisking until the mixture is cool.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or low, stir, then fold into the egg mixture.
6.Whilp the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture with the nougat and hazelnuts.
7. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smooth the surface with a spoon, then cover and freeze until firm.
8. To serve, turn out onto a serving dish, remove the cling film and leave in the fridge for 15 min to soften slightly before slicing.