Serves: 6 | Cooking Time: 1h - 2h | Easy
5 tablespoons Bova "Costolata" Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 whole chicken cut into pieces
2 garlic cloves, smashed
10g Sapori di Mare Anchovy Fillets
2 teaspoons Salina Di Cervia "Salfiore Di Romangna" Salt
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
½ cup chicken stock
800g canned diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons Bova "Costolata" Extra Virgin Olive Oil
300g Labbate Red Olives
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
3 garlic cloves quartered
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In large cast iron skillet heat the olive oil and garlic cloves over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down and brown, turning once, for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Discard the excess oil.
3. In the same skillet add olive oil, garlic, and anchovy fillets, sauté until translucent. Stir in olives, capers, basil and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and chili flakes.
5. Return the chicken to the skillet, spooning the sauce over the pieces. Add the chicken stock, cover with an oven safe lid or aluminum foil and bake at 180°C for 1 hour or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves. Serve hot.