- SBS Food
Serves: 8 | Cooking Time: 30min | Easy
15 garlic cloves, halved
3/4 cup milk
2 jars of Sapori di Mare Anchovy Fillets
200g butter, chopped, at room temperature
1/3 cup thickened cream
sliced seasonal vegetables (red cabbage, carrots, radishes, bulb spring onion, artichoke, capsicum, asparagus) and crusty bread, to serve
1. Place garlic and milk in a small saucepan over low heat for 20 minutes or until garlic is softened.
2. Remove from heat and, using a fork, mash garlic in milk until combined.
3. Drain oil from anchovies into a separate bowl, set aside.
4. Add anchovies to the garlic and milk.
5. Return pan to heat and cook, stirring continuously, for a further 10 minutes to develop flavours and allow anchovies to break down.
6. Gradually stir in butter, then drained anchovy oil, then cream until well combined and butter has melted.
7. Transfer to a small dish and serve with vegetables and crusty bread.