Serves: 8 | Cooking Time: 30 min | Preparation: 30 min | Medium
250g plain flour
1 egg, whole
1 egg yolk
juice of ½ lemon
pinch of salt
splash of vanilla essence
350g Solefrutta Peach Jam
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, butter, one whole egg, one egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, and vanilla essence.
3. On a floured surface, form a dough by working the mixture with your hands.
4. Place the dough in a container, and cover with a tea towel. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Take 3/4 of the dough and roll into a circle large enough to fill tart tin.
6. Press the rolled dough into the tin. With a fork, pierce the bottom of the dough several times to keep the dough from puffing up during baking.
7. Spoon the jam onto the pastry base and spread out evenly.
8. Roll out remaining 1/4 of dough, using a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts and place on top of crostata
9. Bake the crostata for about 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
10. Let the crostata cool before serving.