Serves: 8 - 10 | Cooking Time: 20 min | Preparation: 30 min | Easy
200g unsalted pistachio kernels
100g La Grande Ruota "Stone Ground" Polenta
1 tablespoon baking powder
180g unsalted butter, cubed and softened
110g caster sugar
1 teasspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
micro herbs, to garnish
thick yoghurt or mascarpone, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and lightly flour a 20 cm-diameter springform cake tin.
2. Place the pistachios in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Combine in a large bowl with the polenta and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
5. Beat in the vanilla extract and honey.
6. Add the pistachio mixture and stir to combine well.
7. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the cake is golden, pulls away from the sides of the tin and an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
8. Allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then gently turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
9. Garnish with micro herbs, and serve with thick yogurt or mascarpone.