Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 50 min | Medium
90g Chiostro soft amaretti, crushed
120g unsalted butter, cold, cubed
1kg plums, stoned and quartered
Juice of ½ lemon
140g wholemeal or plain flour (or a mix of both)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Set the oven to 190°C.
2. Tip plums, 30g of the butter, half the sugar, lemon juice and a small splash of water into a deep, ovenproof pie dish, giving the mix a good stir.
3. Put pie dish in the hot oven for 5–10 minutes until the plums have softened slightly.
4. Once plums have softened, remove dish from oven, and put to one side.
5. Pulse the flour, baking powder, remaining sugar and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Take care not to over mix.
6. Add the crushed amaretti into the crumble topping and gently mix.
7. Pour the mixture over the plums.
8. Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is bubbling at the edges and the top is golden brown.
9. Rest for 5 minutes before eating.
9. Serve with ice-cream, whipped cream, custard or creme fraiche.