- SBS Food
Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 20 min | Easy
For the salsa verde:
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (rind only), grated
½ lemon (juice only)
1 ½ cup continental parsley
1 tablespoon capers
2 anchovy fillets
salt flakes and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. To make the salsa verde, place all ingredients, except olive oil, into a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
2. Stir through ¼ cup olive oil and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
3. Combine porcini mushrooms and peppercorns in the food processor and process until fine, toss through salt flakes.
4. Bring rib eye to room temperature, truss with cooking string to create a round shape, rub with olive oil and porcini salt (1 teaspoon porcini salt per steak).
5. For medium rare steaks, heat barbecue grill until hot. Place steaks on barbecue and cook for 1 minute, give steaks a ¼ turn on same side and cook for another 1 minute.
6. Turn steak over and cook for 1 minute, give steaks a ¼ turn and cook for another 1 minute.
7. Remove steaks from barbecue, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
8. Serve with the salsa verde.