Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 25 min | Easy
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
Zest of 1 lemon
1. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
2. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
3. Add garlic and chilli to the oil and sauté until fragrant.
4. Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid, increase heat to high, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss pasta until combined and heated through.
6. Remove from heat, add remaining olive oil, and stir well to combine.
6. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan, lemon zest and parsley.