Serves: 4 | Cooking Time: 45 min | Easy
300g Pastificio Venturino Penne Zite
2 tablespoons Crudo Amphora Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 brown onion, finely chopped
700g (1 bottle) passata
1 tablespoon dried Italian mixed herbs
2 teaspoons white sugar
11/2 teaspoons salt
1 to 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
180g (1 jar) Antichi Sapori Black Olives
200g (2 jars) Sapori di Mare White Tuna Fillets
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook penne until just shy of al dente. Drain water, and set aside.
3. In a non-stick frying pan, over medium-low heat, sauté garlic and onion.
4. To the sautéd garlic and onion, add passata, herbs, chilli, sugar and salt.
5. Bring sauce to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, and let simmer for a further 3 minutes.
6. To the drained pasta, add sauce, olives and tuna, toss to combine.
7. Transfer mixture to a baking dish, and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
9. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Suggested wine: Colutta Cabernet Sauvignon DOC