Create one of Italy's most iconic and delicious desserts with our easy recipe for Tiramisu!
Serves: 8 | Preparation & Cooking Time: 40 min + Cooling Time | Easy
6 egg yolks
75g caster sugar
200g Chiostro "Chef d'Italia" Savoiardi Biscuits
125g pouring cream
Cocoa powder (for dusting)
Grated dark chocolate (to serve)
Coffee-Marsala soaking liquid:
150g golden rum
700g Caffe Parana Espresso
1. For the coffee-Marsala soaking liquid, combine all ingredients in a jug and mix well.
2. Whisk yolks, sugar and Marsala in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water until the mixture has doubled in volume and reaches 84C (8-10 minutes). Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk mascarpone and cream until soft peaks form.
4. Fold mascarpone mixture into the cooled zabaglione until combined and set aside.
5. Cut savoiardi to fit your glasses or bowl.
6. Dip the savoiardi into the soaking liquid for 10 seconds and place in the bases of eight 250ml glasses or a 2-litre glass bowl or an assortment of serving glasses.
7. Dust the savoiardi in the glasses with cocoa.
8. Pipe or spoon the zabaglione mixture over the biscuits to cover.
9. Place another layer of dipped sponge fingers on top of the zabaglione, dust with more cocoa to cover, top with more zabaglione. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
10. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and top with shaved chocolate.